Founded in 1930 by Zeev Rechter, the work of Rechter Architects embodies the principles of Israeli Modernism. Spaning across the architectural discipline from planning kibbutsim in the countryside to designing large urban apartment buildings in Tel Aviv and hotels and concert halls around the country, it is Zeev's work that set the foundation for one of the most prominent names in Israeli Architecture well into the future.
In 1949 after completing his studies at the Technion in Haifa, Zeev's son, Yacov Rechter joined the practice. Working in collaboration with his father, Yacov and Zeev went ahead to design some of the most prominent public buildings in the country such as the Mann Auditorium, the Tel Aviv Courthouse and the Nazareth Convalescent Home.
Under Yacov's aethetic conviction, The 1960s gave way to a burgeoning of Israeli cultural icons. The Ya’akov gardens, the Helena Rubeinstein Modern Art Pavilion, the Tel-Aviv Beach Promenade and the Center of Performing Arts in Tel-Aviv together established Tel Aviv and Israel as a beacon of cultural growth in the Middle East and the world.
In 1986, Amnon Rechter, Yacov's son, completed his studies at the Architectural Association in London and joined the practice.Together they led Rechter Architects towards the new millenium combining modern Israeli architecture with new technology and architectural passion.
Since Yacov's passing, in 2001, Amnon Rechter has led the firm with innovative designs while maintaining a commitment to quality, the practice of sustainable architecture and an understanding of the neccesity of social synergy in modern Architecural development.
In 2009, Amnon Recieved the award for "Most Influencial Architect" in Israel, an illustration of Rechter Architects continued growth and prolific architectural expansion both in Israel and abroad. With the design and construction of numerious cultural centers, hospitals and commercial projects, Rechter Architects continues to be a leading name in Architecture.